Friday, November 7, 2008

pics and a video from the last few days



Pit stop at the Walters home in Lincoln.











Toll bridge over the Missouri, south of Omaha. 50 cents.






Outside of Omaha. I guess it's hard to tell, but it was so windy here that I could hardly ride the bike. I made the following video, sorry you have to look at my face but that's the only way I could get the mic to pick up anything:














This is my pad for a couple days in Atlantic. My storage/bedroom has seven oil lamps, nine mirrors, a set of golf clubs, five chairs, boxes of old dried flowers, and a nice cool breeze.


I think I will try to ride tomorrow. It's supposed to be NW winds of 20-30 and a high of 34. Hmmm. Winds at my back, sounds OK.

4 comments:

LiftedLive said...

wind speeds 20-30 high of 34F thats a wind chill factor of about 22F

Unknown said...

did the homeowner in Atlantic give you a discount for doing inventory? j/k
today's leg sounds chilly...

Susan Ringoen said...

Hi Ray,

This is John speaking: way to go, Ray! I've heard of people with mundane goals like biking across the country, traversing the rockies, stuff like that...but riding to Muncie? Now there's a stellar plan...nothing like Muncie in early winter.
Hey, we'd like to get in the act. Is there anything we can Fed Ex to you? More furniture for the house?
Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Susan and I are enjoying hearing about your travels, trevails and joys. Here is a little "biker wave" to you!
Best,
John Ringoen

Ray Dixon said...

John, thanks for checking in! I'm not sure if there's anything else I need on the bike. Maybe some dried fruit, that stuff's good.