Monday, November 22, 2010

1st day of work - June 28, 2010


Yesterday we went over to the ski area office in town and had an orientation speech. Then they issued us uniforms. The uniforms are new and really nice. They are made in Canada and are very expensive, even in the US. I'm sure they cost even more here. They sternly told us to make sure nothing happened to them. They told us to report back in the morning.

This morning it was dark and windy and pouring sheets of rain. Great day ahead, I thought. So I fired up a couple of the miniature heaters we have scattered around the house. Turn one on for the bathroom, turn it off when you're done. Same with the bedroom. Turn it on until you're warm enough to get in bed, then turn it off. Anyhow, in the living room we have this wheeled propane tank with the burner on the front. I was all dressed and ready to go to work, but I had a few extra minutes before I had to go. So I walked over to this thing and held my hands out and stood there awhile, soaking up the heat. It was nice.

My legs got warm after a bit and I looked down and... MY PANTS WERE ON FIRE. The expensive fabric was now running down my leg in liquid form. (scroll down)
































This was literally five minutes after I took the tags off.

I quickly changed into my own pants, which are also black. I will have to lie low about this until I can figure out what to do.

After that the day went pretty well. It became sunny and gorgeous and I skied a bit. I start grooming tomorrow evening, and I'm excited.

No comments: