Monday, November 3, 2008

Lincoln, NE



Standard Seward, NE driver



Lake I saw near sunset -- going as fast as I can toward Aurora to beat the sun. I lost.



Last of the corn being harvested


Went from Seward to Lincoln today. There was a very stiff crosswind from the south. I could barely keep the bike on the road at times. It didn't really slow down my forward progress, but it was a little tiresome concentrating on keeping my balance.

I got into Lincoln with time to spare, so I looked for the bike path network to try to get to the University of Nebraska. I thought I'd find a bike shop, get some tubes, and poke around. I don't know if it was my maps or my ignorance, but I was lost from here on out. I pedaled around until I finally found a bike path. Although unmarked, it led sort of in the direction I wanted to go. I finally found the university, fought through unfriendly traffic, and found a bike shop. They didn't have the tubes.

I got completely lost again, this time out by a freeway, and finally had to ask for help as the sun was going down. Mr. Walters came and picked me up, took me out to Mexican, and it was happily ever after. Tomorrow evening I should be in Iowa.

No comments: